The neighbourhood planning advisory group has met and after a huge amount of work by all involved a survey has been prepared which will be sent to every household in the parish. It is VITAL that a maximum response is received. Without this the committee will be unable to demonstrate community engagement and the plan will not be able to proceed. The Clerk has sent the necessary letter and map to TVBC to register the groups aim to produce a plan, and this has now been approved by Test Valley. Kate Philipson Chairman of the group, explained to the Parish Council how the group was now proceeding to explore grants which would enable them to secure the services of an expert consultant to assist with the process.
Minutes of the meeting of Neighbourhood Planning Committee on 19th September 2016
Minutes of meeting on 21st January 2017 at 10am in the Machin Room.
Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting.
Present: Kate Phillipson, Alan Leslie, Louisa Chamberlain, Mike Windsor, Bill Brewer, John Davis, Liz and Simon Watson, Steve Counsell.
Apologies: Sarah Fanthorpe-Green.
- Minutes for last meeting were accepted. A few typos were noted and corrected and JD will ensure uploading on to the Parish website.
- Consultant update: Due to unforeseen circumstances, Donna Moles had to cancel the meeting arranged with KP and MW on 3.1.17. A conference call was offered by Donna, but KP wrote to her instead outlining concerns about her work and costings. KP has made an offer as full and final settlement to Donna for her work to date. There has been no response from Donna Moles (DM) to date, but it appears she has been unwell. The Steering Group will not be using her services going forward. The Steering Group will actively seek a new consultant to help with the NP going forward. KP has told Graham Smith at TVBC that we are no longer using DM. JD will let Borough Councillors know that DM will no longer be used as a consultant and KP emphasised that any comment on the issue should be kept to a minimum.
- Graham Smith has signposted KP with a link for further funds from TVBC. BB will need to reapply for further Locaility funds at the end of January, but KP does not feel there will be a problem accessing further funding. JD asked BB to liaise with Heather Bourner re clarifying funds that have been paid and those that are “on hold”.
- Chairmanship of Group – KP asking if anyone would like to take on the role. No volunteers were forth coming and so KP will continue in post.
- Draft Objectives – enormous thanks were given to MW for drafting Objectives for discussion. KP and MW have found the Holt model of Objectives very helpful and KP will contact the Holt Steering Group to ask them about how they set about consulting on their Objectives. It was agreed that we need a comprehensive consultation exercise to validate our Vision and Objectives. There then followed extensive discussion over the draft objectives and amendments made.
- KP asked that members of the Steering Group Committee volunteer to take on Objectives areas and develop policies and proposals to support these. To be discussed at the next meeting.
- Provisional date of next meeting: 30th January 19:00
- Meeting finished at 12.15