HCC Councillor - Thruxton Parish Council - Thruxton Parish Council, Thruxton, Andover
Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Thruxton Parish Council

HCC Councillor

County Councillor for Andover West

Mrs Zilliah Brooks 

I have lived in Andover for 40 years and have been a Millway Ward Borough Councillor since 1999.  

Over the years I have taken on more responsibility. I was appointed to The Overview Scrutiny Committee the role of the member is to hold the Cabinet to account and Develop and Review Policy and make recommendations to Full Council.

I became a Panel Leader, overseeing the Portfolio Holder for Housing and Environment Health. I chaired meetings on Rural Affordable Housing, Community Safety including the Neighbourhood Wardens and Grant funding arrangements.   I am looking forward to developing the experience I have gained from working with Councillors and Test Valley Officers as a Hampshire County Councillor.  

I was successful in winning the Hampshire County Council By- Election for Andover West in May 2015. I have been appointed to the following committees:  Children and Young People Select Committee, Culture and Communities Select Committee, Education Advisory Panel and a deputy member to Hampshire Health & Wellbeing Board. 

There are 10 Parish Councils in Andover West, so I endeavour to attend as many of them as possible.  My priorities are the well-being of all the residents of “my” villages, including chasing up pothole-mending, and together with your Borough Councillors, the sensitive development in our villages where there is a real need.  My experience also stands me in good stead when considering education matters.

I enjoy playing tennis, singing with the Andover Choral Society and with the De Fakto Benefice choir. I love walking which gives me a great opportunity to walk in the most beautiful countryside in Test Valley.  Contact via e-mail on Zilliah.brooks@ntlworld.com  or telephone 01264 335388.

Test Valley Borough Councillor for Penton Bellinger Ward Phil Lashbrook 

Throughout my 14 years as your Borough Councillor, I have successfully fought to protect the unique character and individual charm that defines each of our villages.  It is the idyllic and distinctive quality of life that has made our villages so desirable to those seeking somewhere  pleasant in which to live.  

Our flood contingency plans, within the Ward, have been held as an example to others.  Working closely with the Police, HCC, Hampshire Fire and Rescue and others, we have introduced measures to provide local community resilience and enhanced community safety.  As the Lead on Road Safety, I have worked to raise awareness and reduce road accidents. 

It has been a privilege for me to serve on; Northern Area Planning Committee, Licensing Committee, Road Safety Council, Rail    Passenger Forum, The IAP,  Test Valley Rural Community Safety and Rural Neighbourhood Watch.  

Test Valley and Penton Bellinger have been voted as the most desirable locations within which to live. It is my intention, with your support, to keep it that way.  Contact on e-mail

phil@testvalley.org or telephone 01264 773588.