Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Thruxton Parish Council

Airfield Racing, SkidPan and Kart Racing

THRUXTON CIRCUIT
              2019 CALENDAR

As with previous years and in keeping with our Court Order, Thruxton will host a total of 12 race days and 4 mid-week (during School holiday period) test days. The latter will be either full days, 09.00hrs to 17.00hrs or half days 09.00hrs to 13.00hrs/13.00hrs to 17.00hrs. The dates are listed below:

2019 Race/Test Calendar - (as at 12 February 2019)

17th April –                           TOCA/BTCC Test (09.00 – 17.00)

18th/19th May –                    BTCC

31st May –                             Full day Test (09.00 – 17.00)

1st/2nd June –                       Thruxton Motorsport Celebration

29th/30th June –                    Trucks

2nd August –                          BSB Test (09.00 – 17.00)

3rd/4th August –                    BSB

16th August –                        TOCA Test (09.00 – 17.00)

17th/18th August –                BTCC

21st/22nd September –         CSCC (Classic Sports Car Club)

Thank you for your continued support of Thruxton and if you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to let me know. 

NEWS FROM THE RACING CIRCUIT
from Bill Coombs

Thruxton Circuit has again had a very busy 2018, with a well-supported
programme of racing, good weather (for once!) and a popular Experience Centre.
As I think most in the Village know, the motor racing element is restricted to 16 'noisy' days and so is fairly set in its yearly content. 2019 will follow a similar format as in 2018, dates have now been set.

The key focus for Circuit development though, is the 'Experience' sector and this has seen good growth in 2014, particularly with our Junior Driving programmes. These aim to teach youngsters of pre-driving age all the basics of driving in a safe, track environment and have proved extremely popular.

I am also very excited with the refurbishment of the Thruxton Skid Pan, which is now fully open. This will now be one of the very best 'low grip', driver training venues in the country. In a safe and controlled environment we will help develop the skills needed to correct and control a sliding car. Not only is this great fun, but more importantly a hugely worthwhile investment in your own and your passengers safety. We will use modern front and rear wheel drive cars, so that you will understand and feel how the electronic safety systems, fitted as standard to most cars, will help in adverse conditions but also how to control a sliding car when all the systems are switched off. We feel this will give you the best preparation for anything the roads and weather may throw at you!