Airfield Racing, SkidPan and Kart Racing Thruxton Parish Council - Thruxton Parish Council, Thruxton, Andover
Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Thruxton Parish Council

Airfield Racing, SkidPan and Kart Racing

THRUXTON CIRCUIT
              2018 CALENDAR

As with previous years and in keeping with our Court Order, Thruxton will host a total of 12 race days and 4 mid-week (during School holiday period) test days. The latter will be either full days, 09.00hrs to 17.00hrs or half days 09.00hrs to 13.00hrs/13.00hrs to 17.00hrs. The dates are listed below:

12th April – Testing (TOCA - full day 09.00 to 17.00) Still Provisional
19th/20th May – British Touring Cars
1st June – Testing (PM – 13.00 to 17.00)
2nd/3rd June – Thruxton 50th Anniversary Meeting
7th/8th July – Truck Race Meeting
3rd August – Testing (all day 09.00 to 17.00)
4th/5th August – British Superbikes
17th August – Testing (PM – 13.00 to 17.00)
18th/19th August – Classic Sports Car Club
31st August – Testing (all day 09.00 to 17.00)
1st/2nd September – BRSCC Race Meeting

2018 is our 50th Anniversary and to mark this important milestone we’re having a celebratory race meeting over the weekend of 2nd/3rd June. I’ll keep you informed as plans unfold but we hope this to be a very special event.

Thank you for your continued support of Thruxton and if you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to let me know. 

NEWS FROM THE RACING CIRCUIT
from Bill Coombs

Thruxton Circuit has again had a very busy 2017, with a well-supported
programme of racing, good weather (for once!) and a popular Experience Centre.
As I think most in the Village know, the motor racing element is restricted to 16 'noisy' days and so is fairly set in its yearly content. 2018 will follow a similar format as in 2017, dates have now been set.

The key focus for Circuit development though, is the 'Experience' sector and this has seen good growth in 2014, particularly with our Junior Driving programmes. These aim to teach youngsters of pre-driving age all the basics of driving in a safe, track environment and have proved extremely popular.

I am also very excited with the refurbishment of the Thruxton Skid Pan, which is due to be completed in January. This will now be one of the very best 'low grip', driver training venues in the country. In a safe and controlled environment we will help develop the skills needed to correct and control a sliding car. Not only is this great fun, but more importantly a hugely worthwhile investment in your own and your passengers safety. We will use modern front and rear wheel drive cars, so that you will understand and feel how the electronic safety systems, fitted as standard to most cars, will help in adverse conditions but also how to control a sliding car when all the systems are switched off. We feel this will give you the best preparation for anything the roads and weather may throw at you!