Thruxton War Memorial Hall is situated in the centre of the beautiful Hampshire Village of Thruxton. Andover is 5 miles to the East along the A303. Thruxton Memorial Hall was built in 1817 as a Methodist Chapel. A Victorian school room was added to the back of the Chapel in 1870. It was bought for the Village in 1945 by Alfred Machin to be used as a Village Hall. It was dedicated in 1945 by the Bishop of Southampton to the memory of the men of Thruxton Village and its vicinity who gave their lives in the two world wars 1914–1918 and 1939-1945. It has been in constant use since then as the centre of various activities for the Village.
The Hall was totally refurbished by a group of dedicated Trustees and volunteers in the mid 2000s. The building, which is Grade Two Listed, now has modern facilities which are ideal for a wide range of events.
Current Trustees June 2015
Chairman Margaret Milner Williams 01264 773546
Secretary Pauline Davis 01264 773715
Treasurer Steve Counsell 01264 773296
Bob Hodges 01264 773354
Margaret Davis 01264 772711
Steve Davis 01264 772711
Carolyn Currie 01264 773048
Nigel Beck 01264 773933